Key Learning Objectives
Gain an insight into emotional intelligence, human behaviour and team dynamics
- Acquire a practical framework to help you understand and influence the behaviour patterns of different types of people
- How to avoid the common mistakes managers make with extrinsic motivators
- Apply behavioural techniques to help breakdown interpersonal barriers and resolve conflict
Acquire convincing motivation, communication and influencing skills
- Understand why questioning skills are a manager’s number one tool
- Identifying the various sources of power at your disposal and how you can strengthen them
- Identify what motivation strategies work best with different people
Develop a natural leadership style that gains buy-in and respect
- Effectively use your personal power, rather than relying on authority, or positional power
- Understand the relationship between good leadership and good “fellowship”
- Tactfully provide useful feedback both positive and negative
Guaranteed techniques to engender responsibility and accountability
About the Course
Regardless of the level of technical expertise your organisation possesses, it will be emotional expertise that takes you to the highest levels of performance..
The concept of emotional intelligence first broke into mainstream management in the mid 1990s. In the last 13 years, there have been major advances. Organisations who have used emotional competencies have demonstrated substantial bottom line improvements as a direct result of these efforts.
And now, you can do the same.
You will spend time revising behaviours, beliefs and attitudes and the principles of effective communication to help develop your ability to communicate, negotiate, influence, persuade, lead and motivate others to meet and exceed objectives.
You will take away a portfolio of realistic, relevant and immediately usable models, techniques and approaches that will dramatically improve your performance as a communicator. They will help create, and maintain productive working relationships with colleagues. It will also help contribute to agile team performance.
Who Will Benefit
This course is relevant for all those looking to improve their personal performance, productivity, communication, negotiation and influencing skills in the workplace. This can include managers, leaders, specialists, directors and C level management.