The Essential Practical Skills Course for all New Managers.
Discover how you can effectively integrate excellent planning & organisational skills with the “people” skills of communicating expectations, motivating, delegating, coaching & leading your team to reaching organisational objectives.
Key Learning Objectives
- Identify a manager’s unique responsibilities and qualities
- Appreciate the changes in your style needed to inspire and influence others
- Learn to set tangible, accountable and manageable expectations with your manager and team
- Understand the difference between leadership and management
- Appreciate the importance of EQ vs IQ in becoming an effective people manager
- Mastermind your transition; build new relationships, managing vs doing and ‘managing upwards’
- Recognise and adopt motivational and influential communication styles
- Discover how to manage difficult conversations
- Acquire the necessary skills to manage staff performance, coach and develop
- Develop skills in delegating, prioritisation, problem solving and able decision making
About the Course
This intensive program is designed to provide individuals with the skills and techniques necessary in their transition to a management role.
The adjustment from being managed to ‘being the manager’ is the biggest challenge in today’s demanding business environment. With the diverse mix of generations in the workforce, the ability to bring people together, maintain motivation, address performance and deliver results is a challenge that cannot be underestimated.
Learn how to create, empower and lead a cohesive team to achieve results through delegation, coaching, effective prioritisation and able decision-making.
You’ll learn how best to approach each individual in your team – and how to juggle the multiple demands on you as a manager, whilst maintaining the focus on the efforts of both you and your team.
Develop a greater level of personal effectiveness in the performance of your management role through a better understanding of your personal communication style and how to influence others to achieve desired outcomes.
Become more confident in confronting difficult people and situations and learn to resolve problems quickly whilst building sustainable and beneficial relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Armed with a portfolio of management techniques, you will return to your workplace well-equipped to build on your strengths as a manager, and to identify areas where you can improve both your efficiency and your working relationships.
Who Will Benefit
This program has been developed specifically for those managing the transition into their first management role and overseeing work done by others to achieve organisational goals.
It will be of particular value to newly appointed managers, supervisors, team leaders and project managers who wish to strengthen their management skills.